This Banana Split cupcakes recipe is a traditional bake that everyone loves. In addition, we have decided to add that extra touch by topping the cupcake with melted chocolate. In fact, with our Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar, you can bake these easy cupcakes in any flavour. Try to make it using Salted Caramel Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar, or combine flavours. For example, use our Orange Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar for baking the cupcakes and our delicious Jaffa Twist for making buttercream.
If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
In addition, you can decorate these classic cupcakes with buttercream flowers using our Nifty Nozzles, the genuine Russian piping tips.
This recipe is one that you will return to time and time again. Furthermore, the cupcakes doesn’t go dry around the edges.
As a general rule, we recommend eating your cupcakes on the day of baking or within 24 hours for the best flavour, but they will last up to 2 days.
Check more recipes out here.
Ingredients Banana Split Cupcakes
1. Pre-heat the oven to 170 C, 325 F, Gas mark 3.
2. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake cases. Cream the margarine and caster sugar in a mixing bowl together until combined and fluffy.
3. Add in the eggs, mix. Add the flour and vanilla extract and mix again until combined.
4. Divide the mixture between the 12 cases. I use an ice cream scoop to get an even distribution.
5. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden in colour and a skewer comes out clean. Leave in the tin for 5 minutes before placing on a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
6. To make the buttercream, cream together the butter and Sugar and Crumbs Banana Split Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar (or any flavour of your choice) in a clean mixing bowl. Use a wet tea towel to cover the bowl to avoid an icing cloud! Add a little milk 1 teaspoon at a time to help achieve a smooth consistency. Fiill a piping bag with a nozzle of your choice (I used a 2D) and fill with the buttercream. Melt the chocolate in the microwave and stir until runny set aside.
7. Using a cake plunger or small spoon cut a small hole in the centre of your cupcakes to the centre, fill with Nutella or chocolate filling.
8. Pipe a swirl of buttercream onto the top of the cupcakes then drizzle the melted chocolate over the top and add a slice of banana.