This bakewell bites recipe is very easy to make at home, and delicious!
Impress your dinner party guests with gorgeous, gooey bakewell bites made with our Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars.
This recipe in fact makes 10-12 bites and will take around 20 mins to bake. For leftovers, we recommend to eat them within 24 hours if you don’t refrigerate them. Consume refrigerated bites within 3 days.
Robert Allen is one of our amazing cake artists who joined us into the Sugar and Crumbs Kitchen for a Facebook Live.
During our Facebook Live, he demonstrated how to use our Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars to make these delicious bakewell bites.
You can also catch up our Facebook Live here.
In addition, you can also try baking this using our amazing range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars! If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
Check more recipes out here.
We would like to thank Robert Allen who gave us this yummy recipe.
1. Pre heat oven 160C fan, 350 F, Gas mark 4 and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
2. Put the egg white into the bowl of your stand mixer and beat until they reach a firm peak.
3. Put the Sugar and Crumbs Cherry Bakewell Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar (or any flavour of your choice) and ground almonds into a bowl and mix together.
4. Gently fold in the beaten egg whites and add the almond extract (you could use Amaretto instead if you like) until you have a firm paste.
5. Then, divide the mixture into 10 – 12 small balls. (20-25g each).
6. Roll each ball in more Sugar and Crumbs Cherry Bakewell Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar (or any flavour of your choice) and place onto your lined baking tray. Leave enough room for your biscuits to expand.
7. Bake in the centre of the oven for 18-20 minutes,until they’re golden brown and have cracked open.
8. Remove from the oven, leave on the baking tray for a couple of minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.