Rob Allens' Bakewell Bites made on Sugar and Crumbs Facebook Live 26th July 2018.
Rob will be making a Cherry Bakewell version but you can use any of the Sugar and crumbs Icing sugars
- Prep Time : 30 minutes
- Cook Time : 20 minutes
- Yield : 10-12
Pre heat oven 180c / 160c fan and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
1. Put the egg white into the bowl of your stand mixer and beat, until they reach a firm peak.
2. Put the icing sugar and ground Almond into a bowl and mix together.
3. Gently fold in the beaten egg whites and add the almond extract (you could use Amaretto instead, if you like) until you have a firm paste.
4. Divide the mixture into 10 - 12 small balls. (20-25g each)
5. Roll each ball in More Cherry Bakewell icing sugar and placed onto your lined baking tray, leaving enough room for your biscuits to expand.
6. Bake in the centre of the oven for 18-20 mins, until they’re golden brown and have cracked open.
7. Remove from the oven, leave on the baking tray for a couple of minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.