Apple Crumble Fudge Once mastered the results are out of this world. This recipe makes approx 700g of fudge. A lovely gift idea would be to bag up 100g of fudge and tie with some ribbon.
What is Apple Crumble Fudge?
You can also catch up our Facebook Live here.
In addition, you can also try making this fudge using our amazing range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars! If you would like to check our full range of Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars and Cocoa Powders click here.
Check more recipes out here.
Apple Crumble Fudge
1. Place the butter into a large non-stick saucepan and melt over a low heat, stirring until melted. Add in the condensed milk and whisk in well. Gradually add in the icing sugar and whisk non stop.
2. Bring to the boil whisking continuously and scraping the base of the pan. Take care while the mixture boils and during whisking as the fudge will be VERY hot!
3. To test its ready drop a little of the mixture into a jug of ice-cold water. A soft ball of fudge should form. Or check with a sugar thermometer if you have one (approx 112c- 115C for soft fudge and 118C for Tablet fudge). If you don’t have a thermometer then its ready to pour out once the mixture starts to come away from the sides for the soft fudge, for tablet fudge push a little further. The mixture will be more caramel coloured and will bubble quite high (please note there is only 3 minutes cooking time between these two types of fudge).
4. Remove from the heat and beat the fudge until very thick and starting to set.
5. Pour into the prepared tin and leave to cool before cutting into squares. Additions if you wish add chopped nuts or fruits. **TIPS** To Make soft Fudge heat until 112-115c For Crumbly Fudge heat further to 118c Make sure you are stirring all the time so the sugar doesn’t burn. Never attempt to have a taste!! (this ones for the partners!!) Trust me they all do it! If your adding fruit/nut or chocolate add just before you pour out of the pan. FUDGE KEEPS FOR 6 WEEKS if kept in an airtight container or sealed bag.