Laura made Apple Crumble Cinnamon Buns with Cream Cheese Frosting using our Sugar and Crumbs Apple Crumble Natural Flavoured Icing Sugar but you can use any of our Sugar and Crumbs Natural Flavoured Icing Sugars.
The YouTube video tutorial for this recipe can be found here: https://youtu.be/stDVnLMa4Es.
Apple Crumble Cinnamon Buns With Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe.
To make the dough:
1. Warm the milk in a pan to a temperature of 110c.
2. Add to a mixer bowl and then pour the yeast in over the top. Wait for the yeast to activate, it should start foaming. If it doesn't foam your milk was either too hot or too cold so start again.
3. Add in the egg and egg yolk, melted butter and mix in.
4. Add in the bread flour and fold in with a spoon, then attach a dough hook and leave on a medium speed for 8 minutes to knead the mix and form a dough.
5. Transfer the dough to a well oiled bowl and cover with clingfilm. Cover with a warm towel and leave to rise for 1 and a half hours.
6. Preheat the oven to 180c 170c fan Gas Mark 4.
7. After the dough has doubled in size transfer to a floured surface and roll out into a rectangle shape roughly 14x9 inches.
8. Spread the melted butter over the dough.
9. Mix the brown sugar and icing sugar together and then sprinkle this over the melted butter evenly until all has been used.
10. Tightly roll up the dough from the 9 inch side all the way until the end.
11. Cut into 1 inch pieces, I normally get between 8-9 pieces.
12. Place on a baking sheet in a rectangle baking tray and cover with clingfilm and the warm towel again for 30 mins.
13. After 30 mins place the cinnamon buns in a smaller baking tray so they are packed in nicely.
14. Bake for 20-25 mins until slightly golden brown on the edges.
Leave to cool for 5 mins in the tray.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
15. Mix the cream cheese with the icing sugar and butter and beat well with an electric mixer or by hand with a wooden spoon.
16. Spread over the buns and serve immediately.
They will last for two days but they are better eaten the same day.
If you want you could get to the stage of the 2nd rise then bake them in the morning just make sure you leave the clingfilm wrap on.
Here is a short video with the key steps