Salted Caramel cupcakes with a surprise toffee centre!
- Prep Time : 20 minutes
- Cook Time : 15 minutes
- Yield : 12
1) Preheat the oven to 170c and line a cupcake tray with cupcake cases
2) Cream together the margarine and caster sugar and 1oz of the Salted Caramel Icing sugar in a mixing bowl until creamy
3) Add the eggs, mix then add the flour, until all combined
4) Divide the mixture between the cupcake cases, I use a ice cream scoop to divide evenly.
5) Bake in the oven for 12-15 mins or until golden and a skewer comes out clean, leave to cool in the tin for 5 mins before transferring to a wire cooling rack
6) Using a cake plunger or tsp scoop out the a small hole in the centre of your cupcakes and fill with the toffee sause, to make the buttercream mix the icing sugar and butter together in a clean bowl with a tsp of milk, use a wet tea towel to cover the bowl to avoid a cloud
7) Add the buttercream to a piping bag with the nozzle already inserted and pipe as desired, cover with sprinkles and toffee sauce to decorate
Note. We use a premium self raising flour. Therefore no need for baking powder. If this is something you want to add you can add 1/2 teaspoon.