Visually beautiful for a party and deliciously tasty!
Use any of the Sugar and Crumbs Flavoured Icing sugars
- Prep Time : 25 minutes
- Cook Time : 60 minutes
- Yield : 12
- Sugar and Crumbs Icing Sugar flavour of your choice - 225g
- Egg Whites - 5
- Vinegar - 2 Teaspoon
- Double Cream/Whipping Cream - 584ml Pot
- Fresh Fruit of your choice - 500g
1) Preheat the oven to 160C and line a baking tray.
2) Whisk the egg whites in a bowl until they form stiff peaks, add the vinegar, then add a tablespoon of icing sugar at a time, whisking between each spoonful until all the icing has been used.
3) Whisk until you can lift the whisk with out the meringue dropping off.
4) Spread the meringue onto the baking tray to make a 20cm circle, use a palette knife to swirl and add peaks.
5) Bake in the oven for 1 hour then turn off the oven and leave the meringue to cool down inside the oven.
6) Whisk the cream until its formed soft peaks, spread over the pavola when cool and top with the fresh fruit.