This is a really simple recipe that works beautifully with whichever Sugar & Crumbs Icing Sugar is your favourite – we particularly like this combination of dark chocolate and coconut, but we’d also recommend white chocolate with our Sugar and Crumbs Raspberry Ripple Icing Sugar, or milk chocolate with Sugar and Crumbs Orange Zest Icing Sugar. These little bonbons are absolutely melt-in-the-mouth, and perfect for a gift.
- Prep Time : 30 minutes
- Yield : 30
- Weigh out the icing sugar, and add a very small splash of milk – honestly, you only need the tiniest bit! Mix together to make a stiff, dry paste.
- Next, pinch off small pieces and roll into balls about the size of a Malteser. Place on a plate and put into the fridge to harden for at least an hour.
- Break up the chocolate and melt in the microwave, in thirty second bursts, stirring each time. When the chocolate is nicely melted with no lumps, set it aside to cool for five minutes.
- Prepare a clean chopping board by laying the silicon parchment or cellophane over it – you might want to tape it on. Make sure there’s space to put it in the fridge.
- Dip the prepared bonbons into the chocolate, using a teaspoon to make sure they’re completely covered, and then stick them with a toothpick to lift them out. Place briefly on a plate to let the excess chocolate drip off, and then transfer to the prepared chopping board.
- After a few minutes you should be able to pull the toothpick out – you might want to use the point to add a little more melted chocolate to fill the hole. Once all the bonbons have been dipped, return to the fridge for half an hour until the chocolate is completely solid.