Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes with Black Cherry Buttercream, just delicious!
- Prep Time : 20 minutes
- Cook Time : 15 minutes
- Yield : 12
1) Preheat the oven to 170c and prepare a 12 hole muffin tin with 12 cupcake cases.
2) Cream together in a mixing bowl the sugar and margarine until creamy
3) Add the eggs one at a time until combined.
4) Mix in the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and fold in.
5) Divide the mix between the 12 cupcake cases so they are 3/4 full
6) Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until they have risen well and are springy to touch, transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely
7) To make the butter cream add the butter to a clean mixing bowl and beat on high until smooth, add the icing sugar a little at a time till its all been used, (Tip- cover with a wet tea towel to avoid a cloud of icing filling the room) combine with a drop of milk until creamy.
8) Put the buttercream in a piping bag and pipe on the cupcake as desired, cover with sprinkles to decorate.